- Athletic Boosters
- Attendance Reporting
- Documents and Forms
- Music Boosters
- Finance Office
- Parent/Student Portal
- Parent/Student Handbook - English
- Parent/Student Handbook - Spanish
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Policies & Procedures
- Volunteer - Child Abuse Reporting Requirement
- Tea Time
The following are guidelines to help promote a quality learning environment. Attire that distracts from the educational goals of the school is not permitted. Therefore, a student’s dress must be appropriate for the classroom and for any activity in which he or she participates. Styles of dress that present a health or safety hazard to the student or other students or are distracting and offensive to other students and faculty or are disruptive to the educational process are not allowed.
- Clothing that in any manner, displays profanity, alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs including those with inappropriate double entendre will not be permitted.
- Attire that features offensive and/or vulgar words, pictures, gestures, or drawings that name, advertise, or promote sexually related products or activities is not permitted.
- Attire that includes words, phrases, or pictures that are derogatory to one’s ethnic background, national origin, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, or disability is not permitted.
- No backless shirts or tops are to be worn.
- Shirts and blouses that expose an inappropriate amount* of the chest are not permitted
- No midriff shall be exposed when students are standing with their arms hanging at their sides.
- Undergarments are not to be visible at any time.
- Skirts and shorts must reach the middle of the thigh OR fingertips must touch the hem of the skirt or short when student is standing.
- Shorts, skirts and pants must cover the entire hipbone.
- Footwear must be worn on campus at all times.
- Attire, articles of clothing, or adornments determined by Administration and/or the Police departments that identify affiliation to any organization, group, associated with, or reputed to be involved in criminal activity is not permitted.
- First Offense: Send to A.P., change clothing, confiscate item.
- Second Offense: Send to A.P. for parent contact/conference, change clothing, confiscate item.
- Third Offense: Suspension
*What constitutes a reasonable or inappropriate amount is left to the discretion of the LAHS Administration. Violations of the dress code will be dealt with in accordance with the LAHS Discipline Plan.